Download the Audio Training for aLinks:
Putting the Power of Auto-Links to work for you
From your dashboard, go to “System Options” » “Your Site Settings” » “Auto-Links”
What is Auto-Links (aLinks)?
aLinks is a behind the scenes feature that automatically scans articles that you publish to turn your defined keyword phrases into links, in turn giving your articles a more powerful keyword boost. Depending on your settings and keyword usage, aLinks can mean a big boost to your income.
This is a “set-it-and-forget” it feature, which means once you set it up, it will keep working for you every time you hit that “publish” button. If you need any help within this module of Quan$ite™, there is a “Help” sub-menu that will outline and define the “aLinks” module.
aLinks » Settings
- Image to display » This image is a signal to your visitors that the link is an “external” link, meaning the link will take them away from your site. You can change the default image by uploading your own image in the File Manager and entering the URL for that image in this box. This should only be 10px by 10px.
- Open links in new window » Selecting this check box will open a new window whenever your visitors click on one of the aLinks generated links. (This is a great idea so your visitors will be able to return to your site, but too many new windows may be frustrating. Using the image display is a great way to “forewarn” your visitors).
- Use outbound Click Tracking » Check this box if you want the system to track the “click-count”.
- Log offset hours » Your time zone in comparison with the server. Our servers are on Eastern, US Time, so if you are in the Central timezone, you would enter -1. If you are in London, you would enter +4.
- Amazon Basic Settings » Regardless of what you’re promoting, I can almost guarantee you can find something that enhances or supports what you’re doing. If you already have an Amazon Affiliate ID, fill it in here. If you don’t have an Amazon Affiliate account, you can apply for their affiliate program at http://associates.amazon.com
- Deeper Blog Settings » This setting will determine how far back in your “Archives” aLinks should search for relevant posts. Setting this to more than 30 days will SLOW DOWN your system.
aLinks » Keyphrases
The Keyphrases pages can be a little intimidating when you first get there. We’ll start at the bottom and work our way up so you have a little better understanding.
One thing you want to remember is that every keyphrase needs an associated “link” that you assign to it. (Our examples below will help to define that more clearly)
- General Keyphrases -Let’s say I have create a blog about fitness and exercise. Scott Tousignant has been such a motivating influence in my fitness and exercise goals, and I happen to be an affiliate of the products that he sells.I decide that “weight loss motivation” is the perfect keyword to help me promote his products.Under the General Keyphrases section, I will enter “weight loss motivation” as my keyphrase, Scott Tousignant as my description (as this is used to help me remember what I’ve assigned to this phrase) and http://www.unstoppablefatloss.com as the URL. I click on “Update Keyphrase” and “weight loss motivation” now appears in the “Your Keyphrases” table towards to top of the page.Now as I’m writing my articles, every time I use the phrase “weight loss motivation”, aLinks will create a link out of that phrase that will send my visitors to the UnstoppableFatloss website.
- Amazon Basic Keyphrases Being that I’m writing primarily about fitness and exercise, and I have my Amazon affiliate id set up in the “Settings” section, there is a huge potential that links created through Amazon Keyphrases will generate an income.This area may take a little research depending on your particular niche, but if you go to Amazon and type in the keyphrase you’re considering and like the products that are being found, then that would be a good keyphrase to use.In the Amazon Basic Keyphrases section, first you’ll enter your keyphrase. This is the phrase within your article that will be “linked”.Next enter a description that will help you to remember what this keyphrase is attached to. The Search Term is what Amazon will actually use to search their products to pull up a good listing for you. You can use the same phrase here as you did for the keyphrase.
For the Product Type, you’ll select the type of product that you want your visitors to find, i.e. books, software, DVD, Music.Once you click “Update Keyphrase”, this keyphrase will also appear in the “Your Keyphrases” table and will start being “linked” once you post.
- Deeper Blog Keyphrases This area is where you’ll enter your personal keyword phrases in relation to your website. If you enter the keyphrase “Fitness”, aLinks will find your archived posts that appear to be related to “Fitness”. Post titles have the most relevance, therefore this is what it “scores”. The linked phrases created using this section will be links within your own site.
aLinks » Statistics
aLinks will actually help you to track the number of times certain keyphrases are clicked, allowing you to see conversions more clearly.