by Coach Deb · Filed Under: 6 - OPTIONS MENU
From your dashboard, go to “System Settings” » “Blogging Settings” » “Comment Relish”
What is Comment Relish?
Simply put, Comment Relish is a “Thank You” card sent to your visitors the first time they post a comment on your site (which is why requiring names and emails in “Discussions” is important).
The set up is fairly simple, and again this is a “set-it-and-forget-it” feature that will work for you without having to think about it.
- First, set “Enable Comment Relish” to “True”
- The “Relish From Name” is your name, your website name, or a name that your visitors will recognize quickly.
- The “Relish From Email” is an email address that is going out to all everyone that posts a comment for the first time, so you may want to set up a separate email account just for this (but try to stay away from the free services like Yahoo or Hotmail)
- The “Relish Subject” should be a simple headline to let your visitor know why you’re sending the email.
- Then enter your “Relish Message.” This will be your thank you message. There is a list of “Available Tags” that you can use to personalize each message without having to literally “personalize” each message.For instance, you can personalize the message in the body by saying something like: Aloha %AUTHOR%.
When the Comment Relish sends out the message, %AUTHOR% will be replaced with the person’s name. Be sure to reference your website and the particular article they posted a comment on