From your dashboard, go to “Create” » “Marketing PRO Pages”.
Whether you’re creating additional landing pages or just need another link in your navigation bar, the Page+Menu Editor is where you’ll do both.
To Create a New Page
- Enter your new page’s file name. (While using spaces in your file names shouldn’t create a problem, proper formatting for web addresses should contain either dashes “-” or underscores “_” to separate words.) Click on the “Create” button.
- Once you receive confirmation that the file has been created, scroll down the page to your “Links Editor”. Find the page name you just created and click on the “Edit” link. An editor window will load just beneath the Link Editor box.
- NOTE: When creating links either within your site or on external sites to these page, the page names ARE case-sensitive. i.e. http://mydomain.com/mypage.php is not the same as http://mydomain.com/MyPage.php
There are a few key features available when creating pages for use outside your blog directory. You’ll see these feature settings above the Editor window.
- First you have the option to completely optimize your pages for search engines, meaning you can enter a title, description and keyword list to be included in the “meta tags” of the actual web page.
- Second, you have the option to set up this page as a “redirect” so when a visitor comes to this page they are actually taken to another page (usually on another website). This is an AWESOME way to “cloak” your affiliate links. Let’s say you’re promoting Quan$ite™ on another site, maybe within MySpace or FaceBook, or even through your email signatures. Giving out a link that looks like: http://quansite.com/jamaffiliates/id/2386 doesn’t look quite as nice as http://mydomain.com/quansite.php. To use this feature, enter the full URL of where you would like your visitors to be directed to then mark the checkbox just below.
- Next you’ll notice a “Generate No Thanks Button“. This is a great option to utilize in conjunction with the “One Time Offer” setting (explained below). To add this to your page, click on the button to open a small features window. Within this window you’ll be able to select the image you’d like to use by entering the full URL of the image, the URL that you’d like your visitors to be passed to if they choose not to take you up on your offer, and finally the “warning message” that will appear if someone does choose the “No Thanks” option. Once you’ve entered these options, click on “Generate Button” and the code you will need will appear in the lower box. Copy all the code within that box, and go back to your main page Editor. Here you will need to enter the code by selecting the “HTML” icon (if using the visual editor) to insert the code.I recommend adding this code first and building the rest of your content around it to prevent having to search through the code to find where it should go. (You can now close the “No Thanks Button Constructor” window.)
- *New as of March 2008* The Squeeze Page option allows you to remove all additional navigation from the page, which is turn forces your visitors to concentrate only on the content or offer you are presenting them. You can remove the entire navigation bar, the header, and/or the footer from the page.
Add Video or Audio to your Marketing PRO Page
(note: these instructions are the same with all Visual Editors and are covered within the Marketing PRO section)
Adding Images to your Marketing PRO Page
The other very important icon you should know about is the “Tree icon” which you will use to insert images.
Under the General tab, enter the complete image URL, a good keyword-rich description of your image, and a strong keyword-rich Title.
Under Appearance you can set the alignment. You’ll see a little “display” sample of what the alignment is like. If you want text to “wrap around” your image, this is where you would set that. You’ll also set the size of your image here. Keep the “Constrain proportions” checked in order to keep your image proportioned correctly.
In the Advanced tab you’ll be able to create a “mouse-over” effect if you’d like by selecting the “Alternative image” checkbox and adding the alternate image URL in the appropriate box.
Once you’ve finished creating your Marketing PRO Page, click on the “Update File” button. You will receive confirmation that the page has been updated. It may take up to 20 minutes for this page to be viewable in a browser. If you start to receive error messages on the page you just created, this is due to the fact that your page has not been sent through yet.
One last feature setting you may choose to employ when creating new Marketing PRO pages is the “One Time Offer” feature. The OTO feature can be added to any Marketing Pro page just selecting the “Make OTO” checkbox within the “Links Editor”.